Futura Nano (TiAlN), produced in the INNOVA, is a great all round coating for both HSS and carbide tools, especially in applications where there is a high thermal load.
TiAlN has a nanolayered structure which was engineered to give an optimum balance between hardness and internal stress.
High internal compressive stresses help to reduce the propagation of cracks through a coating therefore delaying the onset of failure. TiAlN also has improved sliding properties.
Applications and Benefits
- Abrasive materials – cast iron and heat treated steel
- Difficult to machine materials, such as stainless steel
- Higher speeds and feeds
- Reduces or eliminates use of coolants
Improved Performance with
- Higher speed and feed machining
- Dry or MQL machining
- Machining of harder materials
|Colour||Violet – Grey|
|Coating Thickness||4 μm|
|Thermal Stability||up to 900°C|
|Coeff. Friction vs Steel||0.3 - 0.35|